Hand Middle School will prepare every student to be a successful, contributing citizen in a global society by providing an effective and high quality education.
-each member of the school community must strive for excellence.
-each student must be challenged and given the tools needed to learn and achieve.
-each student is provided with a safe and supportive learning environment.
- the fine arts are a common thread for enriching the lives of all students by promoting creativity and high standards.
- the school functions as a community center and bridge between the diverse neighborhoods represented by our students.
- each member has a responsibility to the school community.
- open communication is necessary for a learning community to succeed.
- technology is a critical component in preparing students for life.
-each student will receive instruction in life skills to better their quality of life